PW is a major organization of the church helping with the flower ministry, visiting the sick and homebound, preparing meals for bereaved families, working with children’s ministry, hosting special occasions, working in the Church Office, serving coffee and tea, making cookies, teaching Sunday School classes – the list goes on.
Goals of PW
GLORIFY God in all of our work;
GATHER often in Christian fellowship and love;
GROW in faith and in mission;
be GLAD and rejoice in our lives as Presbyterian Women
“Be thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Not be all else to save that Thou art –
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light. Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord.
Thou great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.”
Moderator: Melanie Strickland
1st Vice Moderator: Debra Chestnutt
2nd Vice Moderator: Labinda Bryan
Secretary: Winnie Grannis
Treasurer: Ann Eller
Historian: Joann Pearce
Spiritual Enrichment: Sue Stevens
Community Affairs: Sarah Cromartie
Witness: Melanie Strickland
Commitment: Ann Eller
Advent: Carol Short, Marilyn Britt, Beverly Stewart
Flower Ministry (Sanctuary): Debra Chestnutt
Flower Ministry (Chapel): Dianne MacIlwinen
Newborn Welcome: Ann McRae
Social: Ann Rowell
Visitation: Grace Hall
House: Marilyn Britt
- Circles are small gatherings of PW for Bible study, fellowship and service.
- Every woman who is a member of First Presbyterian Church is also a member of PW and a First Lady.
- All PW are placed in circles but may attend any circle that they would like to attend.
- Hannah Circle: is composed primarily of working women and retirees. This circle meets in member’s homes the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. This circle is very active in all church activities.
- Martha Circle: Members are active in church programs. They meet on the second Tuesday of every month, at 10:00 a.m., generally in the Parlor.